Sunday, November 27, 2011

questioning

Recently I became involved with a man who was questioning his sexuality. I have never met this man but we have struck up this relationship through FaceBook. Originally he threatened my life for being gay and for my thoughts in books and blogs I had written. He had a WP (White Power) look on life and a perchace to violence. Many would have had him banned from Facebook for his comments but I felt he needed to have contact and not to be ignored. Now I consider him a good friend, maybe not in his thinking, I don't think that will ever change, but he was a man who needed help and guidence. He was questioning his sexuality and found that although he had girlfriends he could not relate to them.

After 18 months of contact he is now willing to accept he is gay. He is, of course, scared of the repercussions of coming out so we must consider him closeted. I have no dought he will eventually come out but he needs to find a man he loves and the suport of that man to allow himself to be who he really is and the suport for when he is outcaste from his family and friends who are all WP and Nationalistic in their outlook. He is young and he is scared but I admire him because he has finally found himself. He has looked past the teachings and persuations of his upbringing and accepted himself for what he is, a gay man.

No comments:

Post a Comment